© 2017 Dental Care Clinic - Bloorwestdentistry.ca. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by TechWyse
We believe in building strong and open relationships with our patients. To help you understand our office's approach, the following is a list of questions that we are frequently asked. Click on the Questions below to reveal the answers.
We have prepared ourselves and the office so that you can have safe experiences at Bloor West Dentistry. As guided by the current RCDSO guidelines, you can expect some important changes to your visit with the office. Please note some of the following protocols:
- Prior to scheduling an appointment, our reception will be contacting you to conduct a pre-screening appointment questionnaire. Appointments will be booked in a fashion to limit or avoid direct contact with others. No walk in or in person appointments will be scheduled at this time.
- Please call us upon arrival of your appointment and wait downstairs or outside our door. One of our staff members will come greet you and guide you through our new protocols.
- No visitors accompanying patients will be allowed in the clinic and will be asked to wait outside unless absolutely required. (E.g. a parent with a child or a caregiver)
- It is required to wear a mask, until you are advised to take it off in treatment rooms. If you do not have a mask, please let us know and we will provide you a mask upon entry of the office for $2 each. With the shortage of PPE we ask that you do your best to provide your own facial covering.
- We will be taking your temperature and another quick screen test at the beginning of your appointment. When possible, we will email you the 2nd screen test and an acknowledgement form so you can fill it out and bring it with you to the appointment.
- Please be respectful of your reserved appointment times. If you need to cancel short notice (within 2 business days) or do not show up for your appointment, there will automatically be a $50 charge regardless of the reason. With a backlog of treatment, a lot of effort has been made to reorganize these appointments.
- Our clinic, as with many other businesses, has suffered heavily as a result of the COVID-19 situation. Currently, we will not be adding additional “COVID” or “PPE” fees and will attempt to absorb the additional expenses that we are challenged with. In return, we kindly request you do your part by paying any outstanding balances due on day of services.
As we continue to make our way through this unusual time, we would like to thank our staff for their ongoing commitment to patient care and our patients and their families for their patience and continued support. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Stay Safe, Dr. Lisa Wat
Economic downturns cause companies to reduce frequencies or drop dental benefits.
More and more adult patients are paying more for their dental care out of their own pockets, either because they are retiring or because of higher co-pays, deductibles or exclusions in their employer's dental plan. This adjustment in the reimbursement of dental care favours preventive dentistry. You can actually save money by following a preventive program that will detect problems in the early stages.
Although you have insurance, some procedures may not be covered. Your level of insurance coverage is determined by the policy your employer selects. It is based on a group benefits plan and does not take into consideration your individual needs.
Insurance plans are a great benefit to the patient. The plans are designed to defray the cost of treatment. The entire amount is not always covered. The patient usually bears some financial responsibility for the treatment and needs to make an informed decision. We are here to help you make a decision that best suits your needs.
We promise to base your treatment on your dental health needs, not on your insurance policy. We will be pleased to help you in every way possible to gain the most from your benefit.
You have every reason to be concerned when it seems as if you're not getting the dental benefits that you deserve. Our fees are consistent and are based on the suggested fee guide of the current year. If you are unhappy with your level of coverage, you may wish to address this with your employer. We will be happy to provide you with information on preventive care that may even help you save money.
Your dental insurance is your benefit, but we will be happy to bill your insurance company electronically and you will receive your benefit in just a few days. Most insurance companies will not allow you to assign your benefit directly to the dentist and prefer to reimburse you. We have several payment options for your convenience. Please speak with our Treatment Coordinator for more information.
We do everything within our power to make sure the procedure is comfortable for you. If you feel any discomfort, please discuss it with us.
Postponing treatment will not make the problem go away. The timing of the treatment is up to you. If you wait, the problem could occur at an even more inconvenient time The -dental problem could occur at an inconvenient time for you which may cause you to have be treated on an emergency basis by another dentist. Dr. Wat maintains your complete medical and dental history . She will always recommend a course of treatment that best suits your individual needs.
Our goal at this office is for you to feel comfortable and confident with your treatment plan. If a second opinion will help you feel comfortable we urge you to seek one. We are confident in the diagnosis and treatment plans that we provide.
When you are making this kind of investment that's a reasonable question. Many of the dental treatments that I have provided to patients have lasted a lifetime, some have not. What I can guarantee is that I will provide the treatment for your needs, I will use the finest materials and I will select an excellent dental laboratory.
The difference between dental treatments that last a lifetime and those that do not is the person who takes care of the treated area on a daily basis. I will provide you with home care instructions to help your dental treatments last as long as possible. We are committed to excellence in our field and do guarantee that we provide the dental care that fits with our patients needs and use the best materials and laboratories available.
That's a good question. I would never recommend treatment that I wouldn't want for myself or my family members. Here's what you could ask yourself to be sure that you are making the best decision – Will I be happy with the expected results, do I understand both the benefits and the risks, have all my questions been answered?